Join the library
Anyone can join and borrow from the City of Perth Library, all you need is proof of your current residential address and signature.
Please check the types of identification we accept.
Only residents of Western Australia can join online.
- Complete the online form
The library will process your completed form. You will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours.
- Receive confirmation email
You can start using our eResources as soon as you receive your confirmation email.
- Collect your card and verify your account in person.
If you would like to borrow from the library, please visit the desk on the Ground Floor. We will verify your address and issue your card.
Join in person
Visit the library with your identification to join in person. We will verify your details and issue a library card. Please see below for details of identification we accept.
Identification we accept
- Current Western Australian Driver's Licence OR
- With photo ID: a bill or bank statement less than six weeks old, showing your current home address (we will also need your signature) OR
- Without photo ID: a current, signed Health Care Card and bill or bank statement less than six weeks old, showing your current home address (we will also need your signature).