The award-winning City of Perth Library is located in the vibrant Cathedral Square precinct in the heart of the City. The Library boasts beautiful views of the City and Swan River and the interiors are warm and inviting. Clever design provides interesting light and shadow effects throughout the building. The Library building employs universal design principles, making it accessible for people with diverse abilities. There are ample public transport and parking options nearby.
The Auditorium is a flexible space suitable for functions of up to 90 people (seated). The adjacent breakout area overlooks a vertical green wall. The reflection pool water feature at the base of this wall brings natural light to this level. A small finishing kitchen, next to the lifts, is available should catering be required. This level also has universal access toilet facilities.
Capacity 90 (seated) Equipment Screen, projector, lectern with microphone. Availability During and after Library opening hours. Security is required for all after hours hire. Security must be arranged and approved by the City of Perth Library.
Day and time Duration Cost Monday to Friday
Between 8am and 6pm
1 to 4 hours $100 per hour Monday to Friday
Between 8am and 6pm
4.5 to 10 hours $80 per hour Monday to Friday
From 6pm to 10pm
1 to 4 hours $125 per hour Saturday
Between 10am and 4pm
1 to 6 hours $125 per hour Saturday
From 4pm to 10pm
1 to 6 hours $150 per hour Sunday
Between 12pm and 4pm
1 to 4 hours $150 per hour Sunday
From 4pm to 9pm
1 to 5 hours $175 per hour
- A minimum booking of 3 hours is required.
- A deposit of $200 will be charged to secure your booking.
- All prices include GST and are subject to change.
- The Not-for-Profit (NFP) rate is calculated at 20% off the standard hire rate.
- Eligibility for the NFP rate is determined at the point of booking and is applied at the City of Perth Library’s discretion.
- When requesting a quotation please allow time for setup (bump in), and pack down and clean-up (bump out). As a guide, most events involving food and drink will require 1 hour for setup and 1 hour for clean-up.
- If access to the building is required before Library opening hours, an early access fee will be charged.
The Library has a variety of modern and private meeting rooms for 4 to 12 people, which can be booked by the hour at competitive rates.
Please provide the following information:
- The space you would like to book.
- The dates and times you would like to book the space for.
- The number of people you would like to attend your event.
- Whether your booking will be for an organisation or an individual.
- Your phone number and email address.
Submit your booking enquiry to: email@example.com.