Conditions of use
Libraries are for everyone
Our commitment is to ensure your visit is a pleasant and satisfying experience.
You can expect to:
- Feel welcome and at ease in a pleasant environment
- Have access to a broad range of resources and information
- Be clearly and efficiently directed to the services you require
- Receive friendly and prompt assistance
- Receive service in confidence and without bias
- Be treated with respect and courtesy
- Know your privacy is protected.
We ask you to assist us by:
- Being considerate of other library visitors and respecting their rights (parents, guardians and carers always remain responsible for those in their care, their actions and behaviour)
- Treating staff with respect and courtesy at all times
- Treating the Library’s facilities and property with care
- Obeying the Library’s Conditions of Use
- Using your membership card to borrow items or use Library facilities
- Complying with any reasonable request from Library staff.
Conditions of use
To help us provide a welcoming and safe environment, please:
- Treat other patrons with respect and courtesy
- Treat Library staff with respect and courtesy, and follow their instructions• Meet acceptable levels of personal hygiene and clothing
- Take care not to cause an obstruction with power cords or belongings
- Use mobile phones and other electronic devices quietly
- View appropriate ‘G’ rated material on laptops or library computers
- Take care of Library furniture, collections and property
- Take responsibility for your belongings
- Supervise and take responsibility for those in your care
- Be considerate of others when taking photographs or videos in the building
- Inform Library staff if you have any concerns
- Do not enter the Library if under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Leave the Library when requested at closing time or during an emergency situation.
- Assistance and therapy animals are welcome.
- Cold food and covered or bottled drinks are permitted (no strong smelling hot food).
- Patrons cannot use the Library or its facilities for carrying on a business unless the City has granted a permit to do so. A permit will not be approved for this purpose.
- For your safety, surveillance cameras monitor public areas.
- Patrons who do not abide by these conditions may be asked to leave or be banned from the Library. Illegal behaviour will be referred to the WA Police.
- These conditions are in accordance with the Library Board of Western Australia Act 1951; Library Board (Registered Public Libraries) Regulations 1985.
Conditions of membership
I agree to abide by all City of Perth policies and conditions of use and will:
- Present my City of Perth Library card for all Library transactions
- Accept responsibility for all items borrowed on my card and cards issued to minors named on the Library membership form
- Report lost/stolen cards to the City of Perth Library immediately
- Return items on or before the due date (or arrange a renewal if applicable)
- Agree to pay all charges imposed for late returns, replacement costs and processing charges for any lost, stolen or damaged items; understanding all items remain the property of the City of Perth Library
- Respect the rights and security of staff and other Library users
- Notify the City of Perth Library of any changes to the contact details provided.
From Tuesday 5 March 2019 the Library will automatically renew your library items (if possible). The Library will send you an email or letter with details of items that could not be renewed, and any items that were automatically renewed will be listed with the new due back date.