Conditions of use
Libraries are for everyone
Our commitment is to ensure your visit is a pleasant and satisfying experience.
You can expect to:
- Feel welcome and at ease in a pleasant environment
- Have access to a broad range of resources and information
- Be clearly and efficiently directed to the services you require
- Receive friendly and prompt assistance
- Receive service in confidence and without bias
- Be treated with respect and courtesy
- Know your privacy is protected.
We ask you to assist us by:
- Being considerate of other library visitors and respecting their rights. (Parents, guardians and carers always remain responsible for those in their care, their actions and behaviour)
- Treating staff with respect and courtesy at all times
- Treating the Library’s facilities and property with care
- Obeying the Library’s Conditions of Use. (available on request)
- Using your membership card to borrow items or use Library facilities
- Complying with any reasonable request from Library staff.
Conditions of membership
I agree to abide by all City of Perth policies and conditions of use and will:
- Present my City of Perth Library card for all Library transactions
- Accept responsibility for all items borrowed on my card and cards issued to minors named on the Library membership form
- Report lost/stolen cards to the City of Perth Library immediately
- Return items on or before the due date (or arrange a renewal if applicable)
- Agree to pay all charges imposed for late returns, replacement costs and processing charges for any lost, stolen or damaged items; understanding all items remain the property of the City of Perth Library
- Respect the rights and security of staff and other Library users
- Notify the City of Perth Library of any changes to the contact details provided.
Conditions of Use
To help us provide a welcoming and safe environment, please:
- Treat other patrons with respect and courtesy
- Treat Library staff with respect and courtesy, and follow their instructions• Meet acceptable levels of personal hygiene and clothing
- Take care not to cause an obstruction with power cords or belongings
- Use mobile phones and other electronic devices quietly
- View appropriate ‘G’ rated material on laptops or library computers
- Take care of Library furniture, collections and property
- Take responsibility for your belongings
- Supervise and take responsibility for those in your care
- Be considerate of others when taking photographs or videos in the building
- Inform Library staff if you have any concerns
- Do not enter the Library if under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Leave the Library when requested at closing time or during an emergency situation.
- Assistance and therapy animals are welcome
- Cold food and covered or bottled drinks are permitted (no strong smelling hot food)
- Patrons cannot use the Library or its facilities for carrying on a business unless the City has granted a permit to do so. A permit will not be approved for this purpose
- For your safety, surveillance cameras monitor public areas
- Patrons who do not abide by these conditions may be asked to leave or be banned from the Library. Illegal behaviour will be referred to the WA Police
- These conditions are in accordance with the Library Board of Western Australia Act 1951; Library Board (Registered Public Libraries) Regulations 1985.