Free City WiFi
The City of Perth recognises that internet access is of growing importance to our increasingly mobile community. If you are in the Perth CBD, Northbridge or East Perth area log on to the 'Perth WiFi' network to access the internet.
The City of Perth offers free public WiFi around the CBD, East Perth (Claisebrook Cove) and Northbridge. The service allows users to connect to the internet for basic browsing.
The ‘Perth WiFi’ internet service provides blanket coverage over which means once you connect you can roam the city streets and remain connected to the internet.
Below is a map of the ‘Perth Wifi’ blanket coverage area (red dots denote existing public WiFi while green dots denote planned expansion).
The ‘Perth WiFi’ free internet service is available to any WiFi enabled device. This includes smart phones, tablets or laptops.
To connect to the Perth WiFi network:
- Make sure you are in the WiFi coverage area
- On your device, select ‘Perth WiFi’ as the desired WiFi network. This option should be available under your device’s “WiFi Settings” menu
- If your web browser does not automatically open, open your web browser and City of Perth landing page will appear
- Click “Connect Me” to confirm you have read and accept the terms & conditions of the service
- Start browsing the internet
Download and connection limits
‘Perth WiFi’ is for basic internet browsing.
Users have a download limit of 400mb in a day (24 hours from midnight). Once this limit is reached users will need to wait until after midnight when limits are reset before reconnecting to the service.
General information about WiFi hotspots
To help you be informed when using any public WiFi services, the Australian Communications and Media Authority has published an informative Guide to public WiFi hotspots in Australia.