Winter Fest Photo Competition
Want to get your hands on the ultimate Winter prize pack?
Send us your best photos of the City of Perth during Winter Fest 2019 to go in the running to win!
The prize pack includes a stay at the brand new Quay Hotel, a double pass to Girls School Cinema with Mack Daddy's Pizza and popcorn plus a $100 voucher to The Island at Elizabeth Quay.
What you need to know
Images must be taken of the City of Perth during Winter Fest 2019 (24 June - 21 July 2019).
The subject of the photo is optional. Maybe it’s a photo of ice skating at Elizabeth Quay or people enjoying Borealis by Dan Acher. We are after a creative and unique shot that embodies Winter Fest in the City of Perth.
There is a limit of three (3) photo entries per person. Only tag your very best photos. If you submit more than three you will not be eligible to win.
Photographers must have the permission of any talent used.
To submit your photo upload to a public Instagram account with #winterfestphoto
- One night's accommodation for two people at The Quay Hotel
- Girls School Cinema double pass to a screening of your choice plus Mack Daddy’s Pizza and popcorn for two.
- $100 gift voucher for The Island at Elizabeth Quay
Rules and Guidelines
- The Winter Fest Photo Competition, organised by the City of Perth, will run from 24 June - 21 July 2019.
- All entries must be submitted by midnight 24 July 2019
- The competition is open to participants over the age of 18.
- Quay Hotel T&C's - One night in a Perth Essential Room. Voucher is valid for 12 months from June 2019. The prize cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Girls School Cinema T&C's - Winner/persons redeeming the prize must be over the age of 18. The prize much be redeemed before 12 October 2019. The prize cannot be redeemed for a session that is sold out.
- The Island T&C's - cannot be exchanged for cash. Entire value must be used in one sitting, no refunds given.
- Entry to the competition is free.
- Entries must clearly address the defined categories and related brief.
- Any type of camera may be used.
- Any style/genre of photography will be accepted.
- Watermarks must not be present on the photographs.
- Consent must be sought from any person who is photographed as the main focus of any image submitted.
- Parental consent must be sought if images submitted feature children under the age of 18 years.
- Winning submissions must be able to prove they have consent of any children (under 18 years of age) featured in the photograph.
- Winning entrants must attach their original image produced and email a high res copy to firstname.lastname@example.org Submitting emails must also include the photographer’s contact details (name, phone and email).
- The following formats are accepted for online submission: JPG (minimum size 4MB).
- The winning image will be judged by the City of Perth Marketing department.
- The entrant/s with the winning submission will be informed via Instagram Prize is not negotiable or transferable.
- The judge’s decision is final.
- The prize must be collected by the winning entrant from Council House, 27 St. Georges Terrace, Perth.
- By submitting an entry to the Winter Fest Photo Competition the photographer retains full copyright of the work including the right to copy, show, exhibit, telecast, broadcast, advertise, market and disseminate the image throughout the world via any medium (existing or future) and to sell, license and assign any or all of the foregoing rights to a third party.
- By submitting an entry to the Winter Fest Photo Competition the photographer grants the City of Perth the following non-exclusive rights to the image in perpetuity: to copy, show, exhibit, broadcast, advertise, market and disseminate the image throughout the world via any medium (existing or future) and to sell, license and assign any or all of the foregoing right to a third party. Note that the photographer will be credited by the City of Perth where possible.
- The entrant indemnifies the competition organisers from any loss, injury or damage that may occur in the production of their image.
- Entrants must agree to these competition rules and guidelines in order to submit an entry to the Winter Fest Photo Competition.
Competition runs from 24 June - 24 July 2019
Photos must be taken during Winter Fest (24 June - 21 July 2019)
City of Perth
Perth WA 6000