Spring Family Film Festival - Week 1
To celebrate the return of the big screen movie experience to the city, the City of Perth and the new Palace Raine Square Cinemas are offering free* entry to a selection of new release family films, over these school holidays.
* This is a free event but tickets must be obtained via Ticketek in advance for admittance. Pre-registration to the ticketing provider is advised.
The new Palace Raine Square Cinemas, featuring Palace Platinum, mark the return of the cinematic experience to the Perth CBD. Located on the top level of the new Raine Square redevelopment, the luxury complex features nine traditional cinemas and four Palace Platinum boutique screens, all fitted with leather reclining seats handmade in Spain. Palace Raine Square offers the best in first-release cinema, special events and festivals, screening in a sophisticated, unique architectural space. Follow them on Facebook for what's on.
View information for Week 2.
Week 1 Ticket release date
Wednesday 19 September at 10am
Teen Titans Go! To The Movies
Session Times – 9am / 9.15am / 9.30am
Run Time: 88 minutes
When the Teen Titans go to the big screen, they go big! “Teen Titans GO! to the Movies” finds our egocentric, wildly satirical Super Heroes in their first feature film extravaganza—a fresh, gleefully clever, kid-appropriately crass and tongue-in-cheek play on the superhero genre, complete with musical numbers. It seems to the Teens that all the major superheroes out there are starring in their own movies—everyone but the Teen Titans, that is! But de facto leader Robin is determined to remedy the situation, and be seen as a star instead of a sidekick. If only they could get the hottest Hollywood film director to notice them. With a few madcap ideas and a song in their heart, the Teen Titans head to Tinsel Town, certain to pull off their dream. But when the group is radically misdirected by a seriously Super-Villain and his maniacal plan to take over the Earth, things really go awry. The team finds their friendship and their fighting spirit failing, putting the very fate of the Teen Titans themselves on the line!
View the trailer.
Session Times – 11.30am / 11.45am / 12pm
Run Time: 104 minutes
In the heart-warming live action adventure Disney’s “Christopher Robin,” the young boy who embarked on countless adventures in the Hundred Acre Wood with his band of spirited and lovable stuffed animals, has grown up and lost his way. Now it is up to his childhood friends to venture into our world and help Christopher Robin remember the loving and playful boy who is still inside.
View the trailer.
The House With The Clocks In Its Walls
Session Times – 2.15pm / 2.30pm / 2.45pm
Run Time: 100 minutes
In the tradition of Amblin classics where fantastical events occur in the most unexpected places, Jack Black and Cate Blanchett star in The House with a Clock in Its Walls. A film for the whole family, this magical adventure tells the tale of 10-year-old Lewis, an orphan who is sent to live with his Uncle Jonathan in a creaky old house. But his new home is far from ordinary and soon reveals a secret world of warlocks and witches. The house is enchanted, and Lewis must join his uncle on a quest to discover the source of a mysterious ticking within its walls. © 2018 Storyteller Distribution Co., LLC
View the trailer.
The City of Perth is proud to host accessible and inclusive events. The below information is provided to you as an overview of this event:
- This venue is accessible to people who use wheelchairs, walking aids and who are accompanied with prams. Lifts to the various level of Raine Square are accessible via the underground carpark and the ground floor.
- Promotional material is available in other accessible formats upon request.
- The closest accessible parking can be found here:
- Raine Square Underground Carpark (access via Wellington Street)
- Citiplace Car Park (corner Beaufort and Barrack Street)
- Cultural Centre Car Park (2 Roe Street)
- Pier Street Car Park (87-89 Pier Street)
- State Library (15 Francis Street)
- The closest train station can be found at Perth Station, Wellington Street. To plan your journey, please visit the Transperth website.
- The closest bus stop can be found at Wellington Street, Perth. To plan your journey, please visit the Transperth website.
- The closest accessible toilets can be found in Palace Raine Square and Raine Square Ground Floor.
- Baby change facilities can be found at:
- Palace Raine Square Cinema
- Raine Square Ground Floor
- Citiplace Rest Centre (situated in the City Railway Station Complex)
- Upper level walkway on the corner of Barrack and Wellington Streets, Perth
- Drinking water can be purchased from many nearby retailers.
- View a copy of the City’s Disability, Access & Inclusion Plan.
- Find out more details on Universal Access in the City of Perth.
Please note Palace Cinema does not have booster seats available.