New Year's Eve in the City
Welcome in the new year within the heart of Northbridge!
With an array of free family entertainment on offer including street performers, live music across two stages, and a spectacular midnight fireworks display, Northbridge is the place to be when farewelling 2018.
- Family Movies: 5:30pm
Arrive at 5.30pm at the Northbridge Piazza to enjoy The Secret Life of Pets, or at the Perth Cultural Centre for a screening of Shrek. Stick around for live entertainment at 7pm.
- Family Countdown: 9pm
Bring in 2019 with a short display of dazzling fireworks and an early countdown for families and young ones.
- Official Countdown: Midnight Countdown and fireworks finale
Welcome in 2019 at either the Perth Cultural Centre Stage or Northbridge Piazza Stage to join in the midnight countdown and enjoy the best viewpoint for the spectacular firework display.
Street EntertainmentRoving Silver Water Birds, NYE Letters, a massive 2019 display, and talented buskers. Keep an eye and ear out between 6pm – 9pm as you make your way through Northbridge.
Two StagesFrom 7pm, visit the Cultural Centre Stage and Northbridge Piazza Stage to enjoy WA bands and entertainment to excite the young and old.
This event is proudly by Lotterywest.
The City at New Year’s Eve is an alcohol free event.
Accessibility & Inclusion
- Promotional material is available in other accessible formats upon request.
- Both venues are accessible to people who use wheelchairs, walking aids and who are accompanied with prams.
- First Aid services will be available at this event
- Drinking water will be provided at the Perth Cultural Centre and Northbridge Piazza and can also be purchased from many nearby retailers.
- There will be an Accessible Viewing Area at each stage location.
- A copy of the City’s Disability, Access & Inclusion Plan can be found here.
- For more details on Universal Access in the City of Perth, please visit here.
- State Library Car Park (15 Francis Street, Northbridge)
- Citiplace Car Park (1 Roe Street, Perth)
- Cultural Centre Car Park (2 Roe Street, Northbridge)
- Roe Street Car Park (68 Roe Street, Northbridge)
- The closest taxi rank location can be found here: Melbourne Street, Northbridge (alongside Rosie O’Grady’s)
- The closest train station can be found here: Perth Station, Wellington Street
- The closest bus stop can be found here: Beaufort Street Museum Stand 1
- The closest accessible toilets can be found here: Perth Cultural Centre and Northbridge Piazza
- Baby change facilities can be found here: Citiplace Rest Centre (situated in the City Railway Station Complex, Upper level walkway on the corner of Barrack and Wellington Streets, Perth).
- The movie will include open captions.
- Entertainment will be AUSLAN interpreted from 7pm – 9pm in the Accessible Viewing Area.
- This event is audio described. Bookings are required through DADAA.
Monday 31 Dec | 5:30pm onwards
Northbridge Piazza & Perth Cultural Centre