Christmas Lights Trail
The city will shine brighter this Christmas with 18 mesmerising light installations and vibrant Christmas decorations lighting up the evenings. Select from two mapped out journeys or go your own way as you marvel at the stunning animated lights, festive street decorations, lively projections and festivities that brighten malls, streets and parks across the city.
Supported by Lotterywest.
Something illuminating at every stop!
Santa's Magical Castle
Perth Cultural Centre
Experience the magic of the illuminated walk-through castle, created with over 100,000 twinkle lights in an array of festive colours.
State Theatre Centre
Snap your own family Christmas photos inside the giant Christmas bauble.
Lifeline Christmas Tree
Experience Lifeline WA’s enchanting tree decorated with over 46,000 lights representing those brave enough to call Lifeline’s 13 11 14 number.
Santa Train presented by Yagan Square
Toot toot! All aboard! A dazzling display for all to enjoy. You can even sit in Santa’s seat for that perfect, Insta-worthy shot.
Santa's Secret Elves presented by Kings Square
Kings Square, King Street
Not all elves work out of the North Pole. Get a glimpse of what happens behind closed doors in Kings Square’s very own headquarters.
Kings Square, Telethon Avenue
Experience the enchanting Christmas constellation of lights made up of over 20,000 festive pixels.
Tinsel Tunnel presented by Raine Square
Get tangled up in a world of laughter and joy inside the Tinsel Tunnel. A glamourous and sparkly location for that fabulous Instagram photo.
Catch a glimpse of Santa climbing up a 15-metre inflatable ladder to the balcony of the Commonwealth Bank building.
Jingle All The Way presented by 140 William
140 William, Murray Street Mall
Dance to your own festive tune and light display when you discover these interactive stepping stones between The Coffee Club and Forever New.
City of Perth Christmas Tree
Murray Street Mall
Walk beneath this magnificent Christmas tree towering at 12 metres tall for a truly unique Christmas experience.
Around The World
Visitors from all over the world are invited to celebrate Christmas with this spectacular giant globe featuring 18,000 lights.
Outside Wesley Church, Corner Hay and Murray Streets
Explore the stunning 17-metre wall of twinkly lights, winding its way down the mall.
Light Up Christmas
Outside David Jones, Hay Street Mall
Experience the dazzling display of this modern take on the classical Christmas Tree.
Stained Glass Christmas Tree
This grand tree replicates the charm of the historical decorative features of the stained glass windows of the nearby St George’s Cathedral.
City of Perth Library
Stand under the cascade of lights hanging down the façade of the beautiful City of Perth Library.
Get lost in this stunning custom-built maze in the east end of the city. Etched with a playful design, the neon lights will create a kaleidoscope of colour both day and night.
St George's Cathedral
The enchanting animated projections will light up the façade of St George’s Cathedral enhancing this beautiful building’s features with colour. From 7.30pm to midnight, music concludes at 10pm.
Council House, 27 St Georges Terrace
Hop down and celebrate a real Australian Christmas with a mob of giant illuminated kangaroos towering over you - a truly Australian feature!
The City of Perth is proud to host accessible and inclusive events. The below information is provided to you as an overview of this event:
- Promotional material is available in other accessible formats upon request.
- The trail has features accessible to people who use wheelchairs, walking aids and who are accompanied with prams. See accessible map for full details.
- Please note that flash lighting (strobe lighting) and other lighting effects will be used at this event.
- The closest accessible parking can be found here:
- Raine Square Underground Carpark (access via Wellington Street)
- Citiplace Car Park (corner Beaufort and Barrack Street)
- Cultural Centre Car Park (2 Roe Street)
- Pier Street Car Park (87-89 Pier Street)
- Council House (27 St Georges Tce)
- The closest train station can be found here: Perth Underground, Perth Train Station, Elizabeth Quay Train Station
- The closest bus stop can be found here: Perth Busport and Elizabeth Quay Bus Station. CAT buses are free to ride and stops available along the route. See www.transperth.wa.gov.au
- The closest accessible toilets can be found here:
- State Library Car Park
- Cultural Centre Car Park
- 160 St George’s Tce
- His Majesty’s Car Park
- Citiplace Rest Centre & Community Centre
- Supreme Court Gardens
- Baby change facilities can be found here:
Citiplace Rest Centre & Community Centre
His Majesty’s Car Park
Cultural Centre Car Park
Free drinking water can be found here:
Hay Street Mall
Murray Street Mall
- A copy of the City’s Disability, Access & Inclusion Plan, can be found here.
- Download the Christmas Lights Trail accessible list here.
16 Nov - 24 Dec '18 | 6:00pm to 11:00pm