Experience the Christmas Lights trail
Select from two mapped out journeys or go your own way as you marvel at the stunning animated lights, festive street decorations,
lively projections and festivities that brighten malls, street and parks across the city. Lights on from 6pm.
- 1Experience the magic of the illuminated walk-through castle, created with over 100,000 twinkle lights in an array of festive colours.
- 2Snap your own family Christmas photos inside the giant Christmas bauble.
- 3Experience Lifeline WA’s enchanting tree decorated with over 46,000 lights representing those brave enough to call Lifeline’s 13 11 14 number.
- 4Toot toot! All aboard! A dazzling display for all to enjoy. You can even sit in Santa’s seat for that perfect, Insta-worthy shot.
- 5Not all elves work out of the North Pole. Get a glimpse of what happens behind closed doors in Kings Square’s very own headquarters.
- 6Experience the enchanting Christmas constellation of lights made up of over 20,000 festive pixels.
- 7Get tangled up in a world of laughter and joy inside the Tinsel Tunnel. A glamourous and sparkly location for that fabulous Instagram photo.
- 8Catch a glimpse of Santa climbing up a 15-metre inflatable ladder to the balcony of the Commonwealth Bank building.
- 9Dance to your own festive tune and light display when you discover these interactive stepping stones between The Coffee Club and Forever New.
- 10Walk beneath this magnificent Christmas tree towering at 12 metres tall for a truly unique christmas experience.
- 11Visitors from all over the globe are invited to celebrate Christmas with this spectacular giant globe featuring 18,000 lights.
- 12Explore the stunning 17-metre wall of twinkly lights, winding its way down the mall.
- 13Experience the dazzling display of this modern take on the classical Christmas Tree.
- 14This grand tree replicates the charm of the historical decorative features of the stained glass windows of the nearby St George’s Cathedral.
- 15Stand under the cascade of lights hanging down the façade of the beautiful City of Perth Library.
- 16Get lost in this stunning custom-built maze in the east end of the city. Etched with a playful design, the neon lights will create a kaleidoscope of colour both day and night.
- 17The enchanting animated projections will light up the façade of St George’s Cathedral enhancing this beautiful building’s feature with colour. From 7.30pm to midnight, music concludes at 10pm.
- 18Hop down and celebrate a real Australian Christmas with a mob of giant illuminated kangaroos towering over you – a truly Australian feature.
What's on this Christmas
New Year's Eve
Northbridge Piazza and Perth Cultural Centre
Welcome in the new year with free activities for the whole family. Northbridge is set to come alive with colourful and entertaining street performances leading to an early countdown for families followed by a spectacular midnight countdown.Find out more
31 December 5.30pm Movie 7pm Family entertainment 9pm Main entertainment
Looking for some specials?
The Stables Bar
Christmas Spritz & Charcuterie for Two: $50
Christmas Happy Hour from Monday to Saturday. $50 Charcuterie Plate and Christmas Spritz from 5pm to 7pm
Cocolat Raine Square
Tantalise your tastebuds this Festive Season with our Christmas Waffle for the special price of $14.95.
The Westin Perth
Festive High Tea
‘Tis the season at the Westin Perth so why not celebrate with family and friends with a Festive High Tea in the Haven Lounge. Traditional three tiered stands, featuring delicate finger sandwiches, freshly baked festive treats and a selection of homemade French pastries.