This is a day of high fashion with a highlight of the day being the Myer Fashions on the Field competition. This year you could be the lucky winner of a 10-day trip of a lifetime representing Western Australia as part of the 2019 Melbourne Cup Carnival at Flemington.
According to renowned stylist Juvelle Behrendorff, the hot trends for this Ascot Racing Carnival include:
- Feminine styling with shades of blush and pearl, as well as, lace textures.
- Edgy elegance with metallic, sequins and darker florals.
- Street-style inspired fashion with satin coordinated sets and streamlined suiting.
- Headpieces are popular this year, think headbands, hair clips and crowns.
Golden rules of dressing for the races
A day at the races is a great combination of exciting racing action, good food and beverages, and stylish fashion. It is a good opportunity to enjoy a bit of glamour and dress to impress. If you are going to the Members areas, remember that a dress code applies.
Tips for the ladies
- Leave the stilettos at home. As much of the racecourse is grass, go for block heels, wedges or flats.
- Choose silhouettes that are simple with sleek lines.
- Don’t be afraid to wear colour and textures. Why not try florals, pastels, lace or bight hues?
- If in doubt, keep it simple.
Tips for the gents
- Polish your dress shoes.
- Don’t forget about your accessories, like a watch, rings, floral pins and sunglasses.
- A tie or a bow tie is a must.
- Don’t match your pocket square to your tie. Go for complimentary designs or colours; or if you’re brave go for a contrast.
Shop your complete outfit in Perth City
Explore Perth City's shopping destinations to dress to impress for the Ascot Racing Carnival.
Get ready for horseplay! Head to Perth Racing to secure your tickets and see all the Ascot Racing Carnival events and racedays.